All organic agricultural farms and products must meet the following guidelines (verified by a USDA-approved independent agency) -- We use Oregon Tilth:
- Abstain from the application of prohibited materials (including synthetic fertilizers and pesticides) for 3 years prior to certification and then continually throughout their organic license.
- Prohibit the use of genetically modified organisms and irradiation.
- Employ positive soil building, conservation, manure management and crop rotation practices.
- Provide outdoor access and pasture for livestock.
- Refrain from antibiotic and hormone use in animals.
- Sustain animals on 100% organic feed.
- Avoid contamination during the processing of organic products.
- Keep accurate records of all operations.